Let’s face it, who couldn’t benefit from having a personal assistant to handle errands and everyday tasks. But if you are like me, and living on a budget, then learning to get more organized will be the next best thing. It literally took me 3 months to launch my blog due to lack of organization, and focus on my end! That’s when I decided to start getting more organized and prioritize my work load and goals. In the process, I was able to come up with a system that worked for me, and I’m more than happy to share it with you today. Everyone is different and there are so many tools/methods, so use whichever works best for you.
- Task list. Make a list of all tasks for the week. While I love the new age of technology and how far it has evolved. I am a huge paper and pen kind of girl. But for most people gadgets work best, so it’s really all about your preference.
- 3 most important tasks. Write down your top three task. Writing down and making mental note of my top 3 tasks per day helped me out tremendously. Everything else just seems to fall into place after that.
- Start with the hardest tasks first.
- Turn off the social media. The best way to remain focused, and get through a long to do list is to stay off your social media. Log out of everything or put your phone on “do not disturb.” This will help to eliminate distractions so that you can concentrate on getting things done.
- Do it now. To keep procrastination at an all time low, be sure to stick to your plans/schedule. If you planned to have two tasks done by a certain time, then do it! You’ll thank yourself later.
Always view a day with a long to do list as a challenge to yourself, and not a burden. Using the tips above, you can get everything accomplished, just take it one step at a time. Lastly, don’t forget to Reward yourself for all that hard work! Keep yourself motivated throughout the day’s highs and lows, promise yourself something if you complete a specific number of tasks. It can be as simple as a guilt free bowl of your favorite ice-cream during your “diet week.” haha
Again, these are methods that work for me. I would love to hear what works for you. Be sure to leave a comment below.
Thank you for stopping by. Until next time, stay blessed.